Silver Sneakers Locations by Zip Codes – Find Gyms Near Me
SilverSneakers is one of the most sought-after benefits included in Medicare Advantage plans and select Medigap plans.
SilverSneakers are partnered with over 15,000 locations, including nationally recognized fitness centers and locally-owned community gyms. And, the best part of it all – it’s FREE!*
Find SilverSneakers Locations by Zip Codes
With fitness centers across the nation, from coast to coast, chances are there is a SilverSneakers location within a few miles of where you live. It is easy to get involved in the Silver Sneakers program in your area.
- Use the Location Search Tool below to find fitness centers near me.
- Download the SilverSneakers GO fitness app to find participating gyms.
How to Find Silver Sneakers Near Me with Pool
A senior gym membership at fitness centers in the SilverSneakers network includes basic amenities and classes.
Suppose you are interested in water aerobics classes or participating in the SilverSneakers Splash program. In that case, you will want to use the location search tool to find Silver Sneakers locations near me with a pool.
When using the location search tool, you can filter location results by class offerings, extra amenities (i.e. pool, hot tub, pickleball), gender (women-only gyms) and more.
According to the International Council on Active Aging, the world’s largest senior fitness association, it is essential to evaluate the facility and operations, equipment, classes available, and the staff at your local gym to find the fitness center that meets your needs.
What Gyms Participate in Silver Sneakers?
With so many locations across the country, it’s easy to find a Silver Sneakers location near me. There is a gym for everyone – from small, privately owned local gyms to some of the major nationally recognized gyms.
Silver Sneakers List of Gyms
- Planet Fitness
- Anytime Fitness
- LA Fitness
- Gold’s Gym
- Crunch Fitness
- Snap Fitness
- 24 Hour Fitness
YMCA Silver Sneakers Near Me
A majority of YMCAs accept SilverSneakers across the country. In some states, the YMCAs do not participate in the senior fitness benefit program. These include YMCA locations in the following states; Tennessee, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Texas, and Arizona.
Gyms that participate in the program enable senior citizens to enjoy benefits such as weights, bicycles, and swimming at a level they can enjoy.
Planet Fitness Silver Sneakers
Planet Fitness offers a judgment-free workout zone – making it an ideal place for seniors to break a sweat! Most of their over 2,000 locations accept SilverSneakers but can vary by franchise location. It’s a good idea to call your local Planet Fitness to double-check.
Did You Know You Can Go to Multiple Silver Sneakers Gyms Locations?
The senior gym membership includes unlimited access to any SilverSneakers location. That’s right! You can attend exercise classes and visit multiple locations.
Access to multiple locations can come in handy if you are traveling or for those seniors who are snowbirds and like to escape for warmer weather in the winter months.
How to Find the Right Gym For You
Finding the fitness center that works best for you is critical to maintaining a fit and active lifestyle.
If the gym location is too far, you’re less likely to get in the car and drive to the gym. If you love to dance in Zumba classes or splash around in a water aerobics class, but the gyms near you don’t offer those classes, you probably won’t go as often.
What Kinds of Classes from Silver Sneakers Near Me?
SilverSneakers offers a complete senior fitness program, including in-person exercise classes at over 15,000 gym locations and community centers, live classes online, and a large selection via their on-demand video library of workouts.
Strength & Cardio
Stability, Mind & Body
Tai Chi – Enerchi
SilverSneakers BOOM Classes
Move – high-intensity workouts to improve cardio endurance and burn calories.
Muscle – improve your upper body conditioning through athletic-based exercises.
Mind – bring to balance your mind-body through increased endurance and flexibility.
SilverSneakers FLEX Classes Near Me
While many in-person workouts are available at fitness centers and traditional gyms, over 80 exercise classes are held at local community centers and outdoors at parks, beaches, and neighborhood gathering spots.
As with all SilverSneakers classes, FLEX Classes are taught by experienced instructors and cover a range of workouts:
- Senior Stretch – to improve flexibility and range of motion
- Circuit & Interval Training – to increase muscle strength and cardiovascular health
- Core Conditioning – to improve core strength and body flexibility
- Cardio & Strength – to increase cardio endurance and muscle strength
Are Silver Sneakers Online Classes Available?
Yes! SilverSneakers LIVE is available to members at no additional cost. If you have SilverSneakers included with your Medicare Advantage Plan, you automatically have access to all LIVE online fitness classes and wellness workshops.
SilverSneakers LIVE Online Classes
There are over 50 online classes available per week – making it easy to find an online workout that fits your schedule.
- SilverSneakers BOOM Mind
- SilverSneakers Stability
- SilverSneakers Yoga
- SilverSneakers EnerChi
- SilverSneakers Circuit Light
- Strength and Balance
- Cardio Dance
- and more!
- Benefits of Exercise
- Exercise for Stress Relief
- Gratitude Workshop
- Balance Builder
- A Little Means A Lot
- The Happiness Effect
- Nutrition as We Age
- Fall Prevention Exercises
- Brain Health Strategies
Workout with On-Demand Video
The SilverSneakers On-Demand video was recently launched to make maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle even more accessible for seniors.
The newly designed library offers a selection of long-term exercise programs, classic SilverSneakers classes, collections of common exercises, and workout videos featuring some of the fitness programs’ master trainers.
The classes are more relaxed level, enabling senior citizens to enjoy activities that their younger peers enjoy. This may be the time to take that yoga class you always thought about.
What is the Silver Sneakers Program?
The senior gym membership program, by Healthways and Tivity Health, is covered under most Medicare plans. Silver Sneakers isn’t just about fitness, it offers a chance to meet people and create friendships.
What Insurance Plans Include Silver Sneakers?
Below is a list of some of the top Medicare Advantage plans that participate in the Silver Sneakers wellness program. Please note this list is alphabetical and does not include all medicare health plan providers:
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Blue Shield of California
- Coventry Health Care
- Essence Healthcare
- Florida Blue
- Freedom Health
- Kaiser Permanente
- Medical Mutual
- Optimum Healthcare
- Silver Sneakers AARP Plans
- Silver Sneakers Humana
- United Healthcare Silver Sneakers
- And many more.
Contact your Medicare Advantage Plan provider to see if you meet Silver Sneakers Eligibility requirements.
Are You Eligible? Check to see if you’re covered today!
You can see if the senior fitness program is covered by your insurance and, if not, which insurance companies provide coverage. To check whether or not your Medicare plan includes the SilverSneakers program, you will need to begin by looking at your summary of benefits.
In addition, check if you can apply for the program under your medicare coverage.
Print out a membership card that makes signing up for a program easier, and explore your area to find what senior-friendly fitness centers are available in your area.
Contact the SilverHelp Desk
Note on Senior Gym Membership Programs
According to the International Council on Active Aging, increasing physical activity and remaining active is one of the best ways to stay healthy and happy as we age. For seniors, it keeps them strong and physically healthy and helps keep their minds sharper and their moods higher.
Maintaining a physically active lifestyle can help:
- Manage and reduce your chance of chronic diseases
- Reduce your risk of falls and additional injury
- Increase your physical functions
Visiting the gym is a great place to stay active and find community. Unfortunately, most gym membership programs are geared toward younger individuals and don’t consider seniors’ specific needs.
Senior gym membership programs focus on exercise classes tailored to people 65 years+. Such as balance training and adaptive exercises, including workouts completed sitting down. These classes vary but include Zumba, water aerobics, general exercise, and more.
The fitness program also features facilities with suitable equipment for senior citizens. The exercise instructors and personal trainers often either have experience working with an older demographic or are seniors themselves.
What Medicare Fitness Programs Are Available?
SilverSneakers isn’t the only program available to seniors. There a many medicare plans that work with Silver&Fit and UHC Renew Active.
- Available at over 11,000 gym locations
- Access to online classes and on-demand video library
- Members receive Home-Fitness kit
- Available at over 22,000 gyms and fitness centers
- Access to live online exercise classes and on-demand workouts
- Connects with Fitbit Premium
*Eligibility may vary. Contact your healthcare provider or local medicare office for further information.
NOTE: We are not affiliated with SilverSneakers, and you should NOT contact us with any sensitive information that is of a personal nature. We are merely a resource that provides information.
- International Council on Active Aging: https://www.icaa.cc/
- Medicare.gov – Medicare Advantage plans: https://www.medicare.gov/sign-up-change-plans/types-of-medicare-health-plans/medicare-advantage-plans
- Healthways and Tivity Health: https://www.tivityhealth.com/
- Aetna: https://www.aetna.com/
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield: https://www.anthem.com/
- Blue Shield of California: https://www.blueshieldca.com/
- Kaiser Permanente: https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/
- United Healthcare: https://www.uhc.com/
- YMCA: https://www.ymca.net/
- Medicare.gov – Medigap plans: https://www.medicare.gov/supplements-other-insurance/whats-medicare-supplement-insurance-medigap
- CDC – Physical Activity for Older Adults: https://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/basics/older_adults/index.htm
- National Institute on Aging – Exercise and Physical Activity: Your Everyday Guide: https://www.nia.nih.gov/health/exercise-physical-activity-your-everyday-guide-national-institute-aging
- American Heart Association – Exercise and Seniors: https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-living/fitness/fitness-basics/exercise-and-seniors
- Mayo Clinic – Senior Exercise: Tips for Starting: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/senior-fitness/art-20046439
- WebMD – Exercise for Older Adults: https://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/features/exercise-older-adults
- Harvard Health Publishing – Senior Exercise Programs: https://www.health.harvard.edu/exercise-and-fitness/senior-exercise-programs-choices-for-older-adults
- American Council on Exercise – Senior Fitness: https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/professional/expert-articles/7313/senior-fitness/
- Silver&Fit official website: https://www.silverandfit.com/
- UHC Renew Active official website: https://www.myrenewactive.com/